Chaplain: Kathy Armour with the support of Beverley Watson, Pastoral Care Minister and Brendan Petty, Children’s Minister.
Kathy provides support to the school community by:
- meeting with students and parents
- participating in relevant programs such as values education, student well-being initiatives, leadership programs and the‘M Power Girls’ program
- connecting with other support services in the area
- facilitating parenting programs
- building support networks and relationships within the school
- providing advocacy where appropriate
- working in partnership with the “Food For Families” Program provided by Doncaster Church of Christ
- overseeing the school prayer group
- being available for spiritual and emotional support in situations of loss and grief
- meeting with other members of the school support team
- assisting a team from Doncaster Church of Christ in creating and providing Easter and Christmas celebration services for the school
Food For Families
This is co-ordinated by Beverley Watson. Meals are made by church members and frozen for distribution by the school chaplain as required. They are a welcomed gift in difficult times for many families at Doncaster Primary School.